So you are getting married, and you are looking for wedding statistics. What is the average cost of a wedding? What is the average cost of a wedding reception?
- *$ 32 billion Amount of retail sales generated annually by the wedding market.
- * Cost of a wedding, on average: $ 16,485.
- * Wedding-related purchases of furnishings and household equipment: $ 7.8 billion in retail sales each year.
- * Engagements last an average of 12.1 months.
- *24.5 years Median age for first-time brides. (For grooms, it’s 26.5 years).
- * 8 days, $ 2,964 That’s how long the honeymoon lasts and how much it costs on average in the continental U.S. Going elsewhere? Add $ 504.)
A few other average costs:
- Engagement ring: $ 2,807.
- Wedding dress: $ 725.
- Limousine: $ 192.
- Groom’s Formal wear (rented): $ 77.
- Wedding reception: $ 5,957.
To have and to hold The 2.3 million brides saying “I do” this year will be part of a $ 32 billion wedding industry. Here are some average figures, according to Bride’s Magazine, a part of that industry: THE HAPPY COUPLE Median age at first-time marriage:
- Brides: 24.5 years
- Grooms: 26.5 years
- SETTING THE DATE Engagements last an average of: 12 months
- Weddings bells ring: In June, July, August for one-third of all marriages
- Average wedding: $ 16,485
- Honeymoon: 8 days, $ 2,964
*Average amount spent on wedding related costs